Get prepared ahead of making a mortgage application
When you apply for a mortgage the lender will need evidence of your income and expenditure. These are some of the documents you are likely to need.
- Proof of income – (3 months payslips/P60 if employed)
- 2/3 years accounts/Tax calculations (SA302’s) Tax overviews if self employed
- 3 months bank statements
- Evidence of savings for deposit
- Photo ID – Eg Passport/Driving licence
- Proof of address – Eg driving licence or recent utility bill
It’s also a good idea to obtain your credit report and complete a budget planner. If you are not sure how to do this I can help, or simply download the budget planner.